Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

I'm not a huge fan of Halloween, but it's ok!!  There's just so much sugar and junk involved with it that I could take it or leave it, but since my kids love Halloween,  I soldier through it.  For the kiddos classes this year, I decided to go with a non-candy option to hand out, and with the help of Buzz and Woody (my kids' costume choices) we decided to hand out play-dough.  Target had these packs of 20 little containers of play-dough for like $3 each.  We got a couple packs, but the boys and I decided that the little containers looked super boring by themselves so I decorated them... I think they turned out super-cute... what do you think??
I used my cricut to cut out the spiders and then I used a 3-d glue dot to attach the spiders to the top of the containers.  I then used my computer to print out little strips that said "Happy Halloween!!  From: David" (or Eli - for his class).  I was able to use black scraps for the spiders so the whole project was not very costly at all!

So, the very interesting thing is that I got a TON of comments on them so I've decided to add another category to my etsy shop... I will now be selling embellished die cuts by themselves as well as die cuts attached to certain items (for instance playdough containers.)  These die cuts will be perfect for making cards, scrapbook pages, bulletin boards, etc.  Stay tuned for more fun surprises!!!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute idea! I am completely with you on the whole "too much sugar and junk" thing. I think you went with a much healthier alternative. :)

    ReplyDelete